Greek Style Oven Roasted Lemon Butter Parmesan Potatoes
3 lbs potatoes
1 cup chicken-flavoured broth (pareve)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon oregano (or to taste)
1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
salt and pepper
½ – ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
chopped fresh parsley
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Butter a shallow baking dish large enough to hold the potatoes.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into large wedges and place into the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl combine the broth, lemon juice, butter, oregano, salt, pepper and minced garlic (if using); mix well to combine.
- Pour over potatoes in the dish and stir to coat well.
- Cover the dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover and turn potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and return to oven (uncovered).
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are done to desired tenderness.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
*NOTE* the Parmesan may be sprinkled on just after baking if desired.