Great recipe from Fashion Food and Flirts!
A One-Pot Wonder. That is the best way to describe this heartwarming curry. Miraculously rich in flavour, magically packed full of spices and wizardly soothing with heavenly salmon and potatoes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 salmon fillets, cut into large chunks
- 400 gr potatoes (preferably those cute small ones), blanched
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 200 gr butternut, cut into 1 cm chunks
- 400 gr/ 1 can of tomatoes
- 250 gr Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion,
- 3 cm piece of ginger
- 2 tbsp tandoori powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- Fresh coriander
- Mix together the ginger, onion and garlic in a food processor until you get a smooth paste. Stir this paste into the yoghurt, together with the tandoori powder.
- Put the salmon chunks into a large bowl and cover with the tandoori-spiced yoghurt. Put in the fridge and marinade for at least half an hour.
- Cut your cute potatoes in half. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pot and add the potatoes, butternut and peppers. Fry for a couple of minutes. Add the can of tomatoes, turmeric and garam masala. Let it simmer on a low heat until the vegetables are just tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the salmon chunks to your curry together with the yummy yoghurt marinade. Stir carefully and let it simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes until your salmon is cooked.
- Finish with a generous sprinkling of fresh coriander.