A few weeks ago, I broke down and got a Twitter account.
One of the things I’m following on Twitter is a series of tweets called Life After Z Day.
The premise is elegantly simple. The Upcoming Zombie Apocalypse has smacked us in the face like a bloody severed hand. Despite things hitting the fan in a major way, someone out there has access to Twitter and tweets his journal entries several times a day.
Here are a few examples from this month…
- 1 Apr: Sorry for the inactivity, my brother and I had run out of ammunition and canned food… We had to venture into the city.
- 3 Apr: What a night last night, we drove the rzr into a small town and broke into a boarded up bar… It’s funny to say, but I missed hangovers.
- 4 Apr: Hung over today, and my brother and I are being lazy and bunked down… but tomorrow we gotta get out and work on our fences.
- 6 Apr: Just after we had got to sleep the dog heard something and woke us up… It was a nomad walker cought (sic) up in one of our perimeter fences.
- 8 Apr: as soon as the door opened up i thought maybe there was a reason the door was locked from the outside.. thats (sic) when we heard the moans inside.
- 10 Apr: we came across a sworm (sic) of walkers, and in the middle of the swarm there was an SUV with what looked to be two girls in trouble…
- 11 Apr: We have been busy all day patrolling the perimeter of the farm, there was an abnormal amount of walkers caught on the fence…
- 11 Apr: But I suppose these days there is no such thing as ‘normal’.
Some days, there is only one entry… or two. Other days, there can be several. April 10th had about 30 entries.
It’s like reading a diary. Or rather, reading a journal over the shoulder of the person writing it, while he is writing it.
I’m hooked… like a walker on a barbed wire fence.
Check it out.
If, like me, you a zombie kinda person and you tend to drift on over to Twitter whenever you’re bored and have a few minutes to spare… give Life After Z Day a go.